Education is the first thing people focus on, since it’s usually a prerequisite for a successful career. But is a university degree truly enough? Well known global organizations pay a lot of attention on soft skills lately. Some common soft skills companies are often looking for is problem solving, resourcefulness, teamwork and dedication.
In fact, a recent study has shown that companies are more likely to hire candidates with the right attitude, even if they lack knowledge or experience, rather than hire people with poor soft skills.
Here are the 5 most important skills you should develop before you turn 30, according to Polarity Technologies.
- Confidence: People see in you, what you see in yourself.
- Discipline: The cornerstone of every success story.
- Time Management & Planning: Time is limited and should be used with intention. Good planning optimizes efficiency.
- Adaptability: To be flexible and able to adjust as things change.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: To be able to establish meaningful interactions with other people. To be able to listen and communicate effectively, verbally and non-verbally.
In Polarity Technologies, we believe that soft skills are important not only for a person’s career but also for people’s everyday lives. Therefore, we believe that developing these 5 skills from a younger age, increases the chance of a successful and happy life.