If you have accidentally deleted important Instagram direct messages from your phone device, don’t worry. Polarity Technologies shares with you step by step instructions on how you can recover them.
Before you start make sure that you have your phone device and Instagram password near, and also access to the email account which your Instagram account is connected to.
According to iStaunch, “If you delete a direct message from Instagram on your Android or iPhone, it will no longer available in your app but it’s still available on the server.”
Here’s how you can request your account data from Instagram, in order to get them recovered and restored back to your phone.
- Open the Instagram app from your phone and log in to your account
- Go to your profile by tapping on your profile picture on the lower right side of your screen
- Go to Settings. Settings can be found on the upper right corner of your phone screen
- Go to Security
- Tap on Download Data
- Enter your email
- Enter your Instagram password
- Press Request Download
- Within 48 hours you will receive an email that contains your data download link
- Open the Download Link on your phone device