If you are thinking of taking up a new hobby, below are 5 sports you are not too old for.
After the months we have spent at our houses, many of us feel the urge to get active and feel fully alive again. Now we value little things that in the past didn’t seem important. One of them is having a hobby.
A hobby doesn’t necessarily mean a sport. Could be anything that relaxes our mind. However, a sport not only will relax your mind but will also help you maintain a good physical health.
If you have never done a sport before, you might worry that you are too old for this. Indeed, some sports are harder for older people (e.g., gymnastics). Nevertheless, there are still sports that you can start at any age and play forever.
According to Seeker, these are the 5 sports you can start today:
- Swimming: “A great way to get incredibly fit. The water provides natural resistance, which builds and tones muscles. Swimming also strengthens the heart, improves flexibility and reduces stress.”
- Yoga: “One of the best ways to improve your health. Can be tweaked to accommodate participants of any age, and builds strength without over-stressing joints or muscles.”
- Cycling: “Great for the heart, mental health, immune system and calves.”
- Tennis: “Veterans of the sport will still see their coordination, flexibility, balance and brain function improved.”
- Golf: “The simple act of walking is one of the best ways to stay in shape, especially for senior citizens.”
In Polarity Technologies we believe that personal time and hobbies are super-important, for a person’s mental and physical health. Therefore we make sure that our team has adequate personal time.